NFL rumors: Week 4 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The Cincinnati Bengals are preparing to host the Miami Dolphins on Thursday, the first game of Week 4 of the NFL season. Bengals star tight end Tyler Eifert is not expected to play in the game due to an ankle injury.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Houston Texans are placing defensive end J.J. Watt on injured reserve after he re-injured his back, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. He had off-season surgery to repair a herniated disk and will miss at least eight weeks.
• The New England Patriots are "all but certain" that quarterbacks Jimmy Garoppolo (shoulder) and Jacoby Brissett (thumb) will both be able to play on Sunday against the Buffalo Bills, reports Schefter.
• Former Pro Bowl safety Michael Griffin has signed a one-year deal with the Carolina Panthers, the team announced.
• Free-agent running back Joique Bell has signed with the Chicago Bears, the team announced.
• The Bears also announced they have placed cornerback Kyle Fuller on injured reserve while he continues to recover from knee surgery.
• Referees told Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown to change his cleats at halftime of their loss to the Philadelphia Eagles or he would not be allowed to play in the second half, reports Mark Kaboly of DKPittsburghSports. He was wearing yellow and blue cleats, an NFL uniform violation.
• The Los Angeles Rams will not accelerate the way they are developing No. 1 pick Jared Goff despite the success of Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott this season, reports ESPN's Aiden Gonzalez.