By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
While Week 8 kicks off on Thursday with the Tennessee Titans hosting the Jacksonville Jaguars, much of the league is focused on Tuesday's trade deadline. A couple of minor trades were made yesterday involving the New England Patriots, who traded tight end A.J. Darby to the Denver Broncos and acquired linebacker Kyle Van Noy from the Detroit Lions.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The New York Giants announced they have released kicker Josh Brown after he admitted to domestic abuse in police documents last week.
• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is hopeful to return from a torn meniscus in Week 9 against the Baltimore Ravens, reports CBS Pittsburgh.
• Houston Texans head coach Bill O'Brien said he hasn't considered benching quarterback Brock Osweiler, reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle.
• The Philadelphia Eagles may be interested in trading for Chicago Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, reports Eliot Shorr-Parks of NJ.com.
• Steelers tight end Ladarius Green practiced with the team on Tuesday for the first time since August after dealing with an ankle injury and recurring headaches, reports Teresa Varley of the team's website.
• Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback Kevin Hogan is expected to start Sunday against the New York Jets unless either Josh McCown (collarbone) or Cody Kessler (concussion) are cleared to play, reports Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk.
• The Miami Dolphins are signing free-agent safety Bacarri Rambo, reports Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.