NFL rumors: Week 8 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 8 of the NFL season kicks off on Thursday night with the Tennessee Titans hosting the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, many teams remain focused on Tuesday's trade deadline.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Denver Broncos running back C.J. Anderson is out for the season with a torn ACL, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• Buffalo Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus will make his season debut on Sunday against the New England Patriots, reports Nick Veronica of the Buffalo News. Dareus was suspended for the first four games of the season, then suffered a hamstring injury in practice.
• Los Angeles Rams rookie quarterback Jared Goff took first-team reps in practice on Wednesday, signaling he may take the starting job from Case Keenum soon, reports Gary Klein of the Los Angeles Times.
• Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has applied for reinstatement to the league, reports ESPN. His one-year suspension is set to end on Nov. 17.
• Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Eli Rogers did not play last week against the Patriots because he violated a team rule, reports ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.
• Carolina Panthers left tackle Michael Oher is still not practicing because he has a concussion, reports Bill Voth of the Black & Blue Review. Oher hasn't played since Week 3.
• The Seattle Seahawks have released running back C.J. Spiller, reports Rapoport.