The latest news from Week 15 in the NFL on Jeff Fisher's firing and the rumors Jim Harbaugh could be hired as his replacement.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 14 of the NFL season concluded on Monday night with the New England Patriots picking up a 30–23 win over the Baltimore Ravens. The Patriots (11–2) gained sole possession of first place in the AFC with the win, while the Ravens (7–6) fell one game behind the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North race.
However, the biggest news of the day came off the field, when the Los Angeles Rams announced they fired head coach Jeff Fisher. Fisher had a record of just 31–45–1 in nearly five seasons with the team, and he tied the NFL record for most losses in a career (165) in Sunday's loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The rumor that the Rams will target Michigan's Jim Harbaugh to be their next head coach is a "very real thing," The MMQB's Albert Breer told Colin Cowherd.
• Miami Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill suffered a sprained ACL and MCL in Sunday's win over the Arizona Cardinals, reports ESPN's James Walker. The injury will not require surgery, but Tannehill is expected to miss "at least the next couple of games."
• Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Dash Radio he hopes to return to practice this week and could return to the field for the team's Dec. 24 game against the Green Bay Packers. Peterson has been out since tearing his meniscus in Week 2.
• Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver A.J. Green is expected to return to practice on Wednesday, reports Jim Owczarski of the Cincinnati Inquirer. Green has missed the last three games with a hamstring injury.
• Buffalo Bills head coach Rex Ryan said that quarterback Tyrod Taylor will remain the team's starter, reports Chris Wesseling of NFL.com.
• Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd was arrested for DUI early Monday morning, according to the Scottsdale Police Department.
• Notre Dame quarterback DeShone Kizer announced on Twitter that he is declaring for the 2017 NFL draft. Kizer is projected to be one of the top quarterbacks selected.