NFL rumors: Week 15 news on injuries, suspensions, coaches and more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
In another Thursday night matchup with limited excitement, the Seattle Seahawks cruised to a 24-3 win over the Los Angeles Rams to start Week 15's NFL action. Rams quarterback Jared Goff left the game after taking a blow to the head, as did three other players.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Vikings running back Adrian Peterson told Dash Radio he will return from his meniscus tear on Sunday against the Colts.
• The Rams will begin a "wide-ranging" coaching search on Friday, reports Pro Football Talk. The search will lean towards an offensive-minded coach, but a defensive coach is also an option.
• The NFLPA will take "a closer look" at Thursday Night Football this off-season, reports Pro Football Talk. PFT reports the NFL and NFLPA could discuss changes to playing short-week football, something several NFL players have requested.
• The NFL is expected to fine the New York Giants for using a walkie-talkie during their win over the Dallas Cowboys, reports the New York Post. The Cowboys had reported the Giants' use of the walkie-talkie to the NFL.
• The New England Patriots claimed wide receiver Michael Floyd off waivers, the team announced. The Arizona Cardinals cut Floyd earlier this week after he was arrested for DUI. The Patriots cut Griff Whalen to make room for Floyd.
• Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton had an MRI on his throwing shoulder. However, head coach Ron Rivera told Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer that the MRI was clean.
• Amid rumblings of a quarterback controversy, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the Dallas Morning News that the team "completely supports" Dak Prescott.
• Running back James Starks is in concussion protocol following a car accident on Monday, the Green Bay Packers announced. Head coach Mike McCarthy said Starks is OK, outside of being in concussion protocol.