Get caught up on the latest NFL rumors and news.
With the Super Bowl and the 2016 season behind us, the NFL off-season is well underway. The rumor mill is already churning with news of contract negotiations and potential trades.
The NFL scouting combine is winding down and the league year is set to begin Thursday at 4 p.m. ET, leaving teams steadily preparing for the NFL draft in April and free agency.
Stay up to date on the latest NFL news and rumors below:
Monday, March 6
• Wide receiver Torrey Smith has been released by the 49ers. (Steve Smith Sr., Former NFL player)
• Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson signed his franchise tender. (Peter Schrager, FOX Sports)
• Vincent Jackson turned 34 and has no plans to retire. He is a free agent. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
• Free-agent quarterback free agent Mike Glennon expected to land a deal worth $14-15 million per year. (Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports)
• Redskins sign head coach Jay Gruden to multi-year contract extension. Terms and financial information were not disclosed. (Team announcement)
• Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Willian Gholston has agreed to a five-year deal worth a maximum of $37 million, including $13.5 million guaranteed. (Adam Caplan, ESPN)
• Free-agent wide receiver Vincent Jackson wants to continue playing and doesn’t intend to retire now. Jackson spent the last five seasons with the Buccaneers. (Adam Schefter, ESPN.com)
• The National Football League's revenue is expected to top $14 billion this year, a $900 million increase over last year. (Sports Business Journal)
• The Jaguars have released cornerback Davon House just two seasons after signing a four-year, $24.5 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed. (Michael DiRocco, ESPN.com)
• The Carolina Panthers "are expected to be players" for free agent left tackle Matt Kalil. (Charlotte Observer)
• Washington Redskins linebacker Trent Murphy suspended four games for violating the league's PED policy. (Washington Post)
• The New England Patriots have yet to receive a trade offer for backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo "anywhere close" to the team's asking price. (Boston Herald)
• The Cleveland Browns have "significant interest" in Tyrod Taylor. (Jason La Canfora, CBS Sports)