Could this be the end of the line for veteran running back Adrian Peterson?
While NFL free agency doesn't officially begin until the league's new year starts on March 14, rumors and news are beginning to flow regarding some big names.
The Seahawks parted with a three-time Pro Bowler and the Rams traded away a player they signed to a four-year contract extension just five months ago.
It's a reminder that anything can happen in the NFL, and that virtually any player can be moved at any time. Here is all the latest news, buzz and rumors as clubs start building for next season.
• The Philadelphia Eagles are working to retain cornerback Patrick Robinson. Robinson led the Eagles last season with four interceptions. (NFL.com)
• Adrian Peterson is expected to be released by the Arizona Cardinals. Peterson was owed a $750,000 bonus on Friday. (ESPN.com)
• The Dolphins are expected to release defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh. Miami is expected to save $17 million on their 2018 salary cap. (ESPN.com)
• The Raiders have released cornerback Sean Smith. Smith was due to make $8.25 million next season and is expected to plead guilty to a felony assault charge which could land him a year in jail. (multiple media reports)
• Lardarius Webb has been cut by the Ravens. His release creates $1.75 million in cap space.
• Ravens right guard James Hurst signed a four-year deal. The deal is reportedly worth $17.5 million, with $8 million guaranteed. (Team annoucement)
• The Los Angeles Chargers and cornerback Casey Hayward agree to a three-year, $36 million extension, with $20 million in guaranteed money.
• Kicker Dustin Hopkins re-signs with the Washington Redskins. (Team announcement)
• The Seahawks agreed to a three-year, $13.95 million deal with safety Bradley McDougald. (NFL.com)
• Former Titans running back DeMarco Murray and ex-Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart are set to visit the Detroit Lions. The Lions had the league's worst rushing attack last season. (ESPN.com)