The 2020 NFL draft is underway with Joe Burrow going No. 1 to the Bengals and Chase Young going No. 2 to Washington. A number of team's have major questions that they will try to address during the first round.
Check out more draft-related rumors from Albert Breer, and keep up with the latest news and rumors from around the league below:
- The Jaguars are running out of time to reach a deal with pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Alabama wide receiver Henry Ruggs has heard from the 49ers, Broncos, Eagles and Raiders. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Two teams expressed concern over Alabama wide receiver Jerry Jeudy's left knee. Dr. Lyle Cain issued a letter to all teams saying Jeudy "has not required any treatment” on it and expects him to progress without any limitations. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- Leonard Williams has signed his franchise tender with the Giants, though it's unclear if he'll be classified as a defensive end or defensive tackle. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- The Patriots are signing former Jaguars WR Marqise Lee to a one-year contract. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- Washington is asking for a second-round pick in exchange for trading left tackle Trent Williams. The Browns, Vikings, Eagles and Jets have shown the most interest in Williams. (Les Carpenter, The Washington Post)
- All three of the teams with multiple first-round picks are looking to trade at least one of them. The 49ers would prefer to move No. 31 than No. 13 but are open to both in trying to fill the gaps left in the second, third and fourth rounds by the Dee Ford and Emmanuel Sanders trades. The Raiders would love to get back into the second round with a move down (their second-rounder went to Chicago in the Khalil Mack trade). Jacksonville could move No. 9 or No. 20, and potentially move assets to 2021. (Albert Breer, Sports Illustrated)
- The Saints, who have the No. 24 pick, are looking to potentially move up in the draft order. They have called every team above them to explore options. (Dianna Russini, ESPN)
- 49ers GM John Lynch said the team is "trying to find [WR Marquise Goodwin] a good home" and could potentially trade him on Thursday. The Niners have spoken to WR CeeDee Lamb ahead of the draft. (Josina Anderson, ESPN)
- The Falcons, Jets, Saints and the Packers are among the teams looking to move up in the NFL draft. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- The Buccaneers seem set on holding onto tight end O.J. Howard. GM Jason Licht said Thursday that, "We're excited about having OJ Howard play with Rob Gronkowski. Why wouldn't you want to have many weapons at that position? We have an excellent tight end group right now."
- The 49ers are open to moving the 13th pick in the NFL draft and have received multiple inquiries on Thursday. (Adam Schefter, ESPN)
- The Ravens made a run at DeAndre Hopkins before he was traded to Arizona, and they might be targeting a wide receiver as a result. (Michael Silver, NFL Network)
- Washington has received calls from teams about potentially trading up to No. 2, but the team has decided to hold the pick. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)
- The Lions have had discussions with the Dolphins, Chargers and Jaguars to trade down from the No. 3 pick. When Detroit does pick, it will likely take one of Isaiah Simmons, Jeff Okudah, Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw. (Dan Graziano, ESPN)
- Joe Burrow was selected No. 1 in the 2020 NFL draft.
Everything You Need to Know About the NFL Draft: Sign up for Sports Illustrated’s newsletters and get complete NFL Draft coverage and analysis -- delivered right to your inbox.