The former Jets quarterback rushed for two touchdowns during his first primetime win since his first NFL career start, per The Action Network. Darnold tallied for 304 passing yards but didn't throw a single touchdown on Thursday. In fact, rookie Tommy Tremble was the only other Carolina player to score a touchdown—and on his first NFL touch at that.
For their third straight game, the Panthers never trailed against Houston, even as they lost Christian McCaffrey (hamstring), Jaycee Horn (foot) and Juston Burris (groin) to injuries. And although D.J. Moore hobbled to the sidelines in the fourth quarter, he came back out and finished the night with 126 yards for eight receptions.
It's still early in the season; however, Darnold and the Panthers may just be showing glimpses of a positive new chapter for the franchise.
More NFL Coverage:
• Week 2 Takeaways: Henry Saves Titans, Panthers Are for Real
• Carr's Newfound Fearlessness Has Raiders Rolling
• MAQB: Sam Darnold Has More Support on the Panthers
• MMQB: Harbaugh Discusses Fourth-Down Conversion
• Lamar Jackson Provides the Antidote for Ravens' Ailments