Kurt Busch meets with police over alleged domestic assault
Police said that Kurt Busch and his lawyers met with investigators Tuesday regarding Busch's alleged domestic assault, according to The Associated Press.
A spokesman said Wednesday that the case is still being investigated and that he doesn't know when a decision will be made on whether to file charges against Busch.
James Liguori, a Dover attorney who is helping to represent Busch, said the driver continues to deny the allegations made by 36-year-old Patricia Driscoll.
"He was forthcoming and cooperative and honest," Liguori said, adding that he and fellow attorney Rusty Hardin gave police a "book of information" that they believe will help authorities reach a decision on whether to charge Busch.
Driscoll, Busch's ex-girlfriend, alleged in court documents earlier this month that the driver assaulted her on Sept. 26 in his motorhome at Dover International Speedway. Busch was there for the Sprint Cup Series race on Sept. 28.
Driscoll said Busch, upset at a poor performance in qualifying, was verbally abusive toward her and then smashed her head against a wall three times.
Both NASCAR and Stewart-Haas Racing, Busch's team, said they would await further details in Busch's case before taking any disciplinary action. Busch continued to race after the allegation arose and finished 11th in the season finale at Homestead last Sunday.
Busch, 36, is the driver of the No. 41 car for Stewart-Haas. He won the Sprint Cup championship in 2004.
- Ben Estes