First Lady Michelle Obama is putting together a rap album this fall to end childhood obesity, and among the various contributors is New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert, according to Yahoo! Sports' Dan Devine, via XXL.
"Songs for a Healthier America" features Shumpert, who has previously released rap songs, on a track entitled, "Pass the Rock," and includes samples of Marv Albert and Mike Breen. The album, reportedly due out Sept. 30, is a collaboration between FLOTUS, the Partnership for a Healthier America and Hip-Hop Public Health. A preview of Shumpert's track, and other songs on the album, can be heard on the Partnership for a Healthier America site.
Appearances on the album include Matisyahu, Doug E. Fresh and Ashanti. The full setlist, via Devine:
1. “U R What You Eat” f/ Salad Bar (Matisyahu, Ariana Grande, Travis Barker)
2. “Everybody” f/ Jordin Sparks, Doug E. Fresh, Dr. Oz, Ryan Beatty, Hip Hop MD
3. “Let’s Move” f/ Doug E. Fresh, Artie Green, Chauncey Hawkins
4. “Just Believe” featuring Ashanti, Gerry Gunn, Artie Green, Robbie Nova
5. “Veggie Luv” f/ Monifah and J Rome
6. “Hip Hop FEET” f/ DMC and Artie Green
7. “Stronger” f/ Shayna Steele, Jeremy Jordan, Our Time Theater kids, and E-Street Band guitarist Nils Lofgren
8. “Give Myself a Try” f/ Ryan Beatty
9. “Jump Up” f/ Brady Rymer and the Little Band That Could
10. “Hip Hop LEAN” f/ Artie Green
11. “Pass the Rock” f/ Iman Shumpert and Artie Green
12. “Good Living” f/ Ashton Jones
13. “Beautiful” f/ Daisy Grant and Artie Green
14. “Change the Game” f/ The Happiness Club, featuring Naledge
15. “Wanna Jump (Let’s Move)” f/ Paul Burch
16. “Mother May I” f/ Amelia Robinson
17. “We Like vegetables” f/ Los Barkers!
18. “Get Up Sit Up” f/ Babi Floyd
19. “One Step Forward” f/ Samite
A sample of the forthcoming album was released on YouTube in June: