Regis Philbin, who died recently at the age of 88, was a beloved and legendary broadcaster. And while Regis was most known for his work with Kathie Lee and later Kelly Ripa and 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire,' he also had many connections to the sports world, including helping to launch FS1. Sports Illustrated host Robin Lundberg discussed what made Regis so universally appealing with SI media columnist Jimmy Traina.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- MLB's Disaster Offers a Warning to Other Returning Sports
- Eddie Edwards’s Long Road in Wrestling Leads to Second Impact Title Reign
- Does LeBron James Have Anything to Prove In the Bubble?
- Without Justin Verlander, Where Do Astros Go From Here?
- Chelsea, Lampard Accomplish Their Mission, But Areas to Improve Upon Are Clear
- After Weeks of Delaying, Decision Time Is Here for College Football
- 'Quarantine Quarterbacks' Idea Being Floated Around NFL Circles