Borna Coric hires Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson, Roger Federer opens up in Istanbul with a win and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Roger Federer opened his Istanbul Open campaign with a 6–2, 7–5 win over Jarkko Nieminen. He'll play Daniel Gimeno-Traver in the third round.
• Top seed Garbine Muguruza was knocked out of Marrakech, losing 7–6 (4), 7–6 (6) to Kristina Mladenovic. Top seed Feliciano Lopez lost to Robin Haase 4–6, 7–6, 6–4 in Estoril.
• No. 103 Denisa Allertova beat Alize Cornet 3–6, 7–5, 6–2 in the second round of the Prague Open. Cornet has yet to beat a top 30 player this season.
• Borna Coric has hired Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson. The two will begin working together at the ATP 250 event in Nice the week before the French Open.
• It happens to the best of us: Little boy confuses The Joker with "The Djoker":
• Jeff Sackman at Tennis Abstract takes a statistical look at Novak Djokovic's current stretch of domination.
• Frances Tiafoe, who just signed with Jay Z's Roc Nation, beats top seed Facundo Bagnis in the Tallahassee challenger and gave a proper salute to his new agency: