Ivan Lendl, Jill Craybas and Mardy Fish are working with the USTA, Eugenie Bouchard got her driver's license in Florida and more of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Ivan Lendl, Jill Craybas and Mardy Fish are working with the USTA player development program. Lendl will be coaching a small group of 15- and 16-year-old boys, while Fish will work in Calif. with at least a half-dozen men and Craybas will be in Fla. with at least 10 women.
• Also from Mardy Fish:
• The ATP announced Tuesday that it will rename the ATP World Tour Finals Groups A and B for both the singles and doubles with the launch of the Finals Club, a new initiative to honor players that made an indelible mark on the tournament in the 1970s. In singles, Group A will be renamed in honor of Stan Smith and Group B in honor of Ilie Nastase.
• 21-year-old Eugenie Bouchard got her driver's license in Florida.
• Renovations are underway at Indian Wells for 2016, including new, larger stadium seats, seat-back chairs at the practice courts and a sports bar featuring dozens of TV screens. Tournament CEO Raymond Moore says the costs of the upgrades are still unclear.
• Stan Wawrinka took a move out of Serena Williams’s playbook last week in Paris, when he asked for a cup of coffee mid-match vs. Rafael Nadal.
• A look at some highlights of the 2015 WTA season and year-end rankings, featuring Venus, Muguruza and more.
• Engineers at the University of Sheffield are looking into the science of sliding in tennis. They have partnered with the ITF to “measure the effects of friction between tennis court surfaces and footwear in a bid to ensure the world's top players can play their natural game and slide in a controlled manner, with a reduced risk of injury.”
• From CNN: How did Anna Kournikova become one of history's most marketable sportswomen?
• ICYMI: Victoria Azarenka wrote an exclusive detailing and assessing her 2015 season.