Monday April 27th, 2015

The Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight will air for free in Mexico on Saturday, reports TMZ Sports.

Mexican TV networks Azteca and Televisa have agreed to air the highly anticipated fight free of charge. Mexico is also among the fight's major sponsors, as is Mexican beer Tecate.

The World Boxing Council informed TMZ Sports of the free broadcast, saying, "Televisa and Azteca must be recognized for their great commitment, for bringing to Mexico this bout for free. This has never, ever happened in any country of the world."

In the United States, the fight will cost between $90 and $100, depending on whether viewers elect for a high-definition pay-per-view feed from HBO and Showtime.

Pacquiao's trainer looks back to find blueprint for beating Mayweather

Tecate is also offering a rebate of up to $50 toward the pay-per-view deal.

Tickets for the fight sold out in less than a minute last week, beginning at the starting retail price of $1,500 and going as high as $7,500. MGM, which is hosting the fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, is also setting thousands of closed-circuit seats at different venues in Las Vegas for $150.

Mayweather-Pacquiao bout sees heavy betting at sportsbooks

Both fighters are expected to make well over $100 million, with Mayweather (47-0, 26 KOs) taking home 60% of the purse and Pacquiao (57-5-2, 38 KOs) getting the remaining 40%.

Mike Fiammetta

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.