The SI.com Preseason All-America Team was revealed Wednesday, and Lindsay Schnell and Colin Becht joined Zac Ellis to break it all down and answer some questions from listeners.
Here are the topics they covered in this week’s episode of the SI College Football Podcast:
• Trevone Boykin earned the first-team quarterback spot on the All-America Team. What makes him the top passer in the country? And how good can he become in year two of TCU’s revamped offense? Will it be enough to put the Horned Frogs ahead of Baylor in the Big 12?
• Among the four running backs on the first and second team—Georgia’s Nick Chubb, Ohio State’s Ezekiel Elliott, LSU’s Leonard Fournette and Pittsburgh’s James Conner—who are we most excited to see play? Can Fournette and Chubb succeed in offenses with uncertainty at quarterback?
• Ole Miss contributed three players to the first team: wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, tight end Evan Engram and offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil. With that much elite talent, can the Rebels win the SEC West?
• After winning the second-team quarterback position, can USC’s Cody Kessler live up to the hype? Are the Trojans good enough to meet their expectations in the Pac-12 South? How will the versatile Adoree’ Jackson help USC most?
• Is Arizona linebacker Scooby Wright III good enough to contend for the Heisman Trophy? Now that he’s an established star, will he still be able to dominate against offenses that can plan around him?
• Can a wide receiver compete for the Heisman this year? Who are some of the surprise names that could emerge at receiver?
• Can Miami surprise in the ACC? What’s a realistic record for the Hurricanes this season?
• With Anakin now among the 1,000 most popular baby names, how long until an Anakin compete for the Heisman? More importantly, why has Lindsay never seen Star Wars?
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL: