College Football Podcast: Previews, picks for biggest games of Week 4
Week 3 was a wild one, and Week 4 brings more marquee matchups including two West Coast showdowns that should starting giving shape to the Pac-12 title race.
With Lindsay Schnell on assignment in Hawaii, Martin Rickman of UPROXX Sports joins Zac Ellis and Colin Becht on the SI College Football Podcast to break down some of Week 3’s surprising results. Then they pivot to Week 4 to preview the biggest games of the week and pick winners.
Here are the games Zac, Martin and Colin discuss on this week’s episode:
• Notre Dame 30, Georgia Tech 22: The Fighting Irish passed their first test without Malik Zaire, so how far can they go with DeShone Kizer under center? But what curse has befallen Notre Dame that has forced the Irish to suffer so many injuries?
• Ole Miss 43, Alabama 37: Does the Rebels’ win prove their contenders for an SEC title win? How much trouble are the Crimson Tide in? Can they rebound like they did after last year’s loss to Ole Miss to make the playoff again?
• LSU 45, Auburn 21: Can Leonard Fournette carry LSU all the way through a daunting SEC West schedule? What’s wrong with Auburn? Is switching quarterbacks from Jeremy Johnson to Sean White the answer?
• Stanford 41, USC 31: After looking inept offensively in Week 1, have the Cardinal turned the corner to become Pac-12 title contenders? Is Saturday’s loss indicative of a rough road ahead for the Trojans?
• BYU at Michigan: The Cougars weren’t able to pull off another miracle to beat UCLA in Week 3. Can they pick up another win on the road over the Wolverines?
• UCLA at Arizona: What should be the takeaway from the Bruins’ narrow win over BYU: the potent running game or Josh Rosen’s fall back to Earth? What can be expected of the Wildcats in their first real test of the season?
• TCU at Texas Tech: Was Red Raiders coach Kliff Kingsbury out of line calling out Arkansas’s Bret Bielema after Texas Tech’s win over the Razorbacks? Could the Red Raiders get another upset win over a banged-up TCU squad?
• Utah at Oregon: Can the Utes take any cues from Michigan State on how to take down the Ducks? How will Oregon respond in its first major challenge since losing to the Spartans?
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL: