The College Football Playoff picture is starting to come into focus, and so far it’s definitely not good for the Pac-12 and possibly disastrous again for the Big 12. Are biases in the playoff selection committee holding back teams from those conferences?
FOX Sports’s Joel Klatt certainly thinks so. Klatt joins the podcast to make his case for why teams from the Big 12 and Pac-12 get a raw deal in the playoff rankings while SEC teams reap the benefits. He also helps break down the Big 12’s contenders ahead of a Saturday of showdowns in the conference title race. Hosts Zac Ellis and Lindsay Schnell make their picks for Week 12’s biggest games.
Here is the full list of topics and games, Zac, Lindsay and Klatt discuss:
• What stands out most from this week’s College Football Playoff rankings? How does No. 4 Notre Dame compare to No. 5 Iowa, No. 6 Oklahoma State and No. 7 Oklahoma. If the Fighting Irish and Sooners win out, who would be more deserving of a playoff spot?
• Does the Pac-12’s nine-game conference schedule put it at a disadvantage to make the playoff? Are the conference’s playoff hopes dead? Is the playoff committee biased towards SEC teams over Pac-12 and Big 12 teams?
• Does the makeup of the playoff committee lead it to favor certain kinds of teams and styles of play over others? Are the committee members too old to evaluate modern styles of offense and consider modern stats?
• Who is a better playoff contender: Oklahoma State or Oklahoma? Is there any chance the Cowboys could go undefeated and still get left out of the playoff?
• Is there any hope for Colorado to escape the Pac-12’s cellar? What has to happen for that to occur?