NBA draft rumors: Latest buzz around prospects, teams
The NBA rumor mill will continue to churn as we move closer to the draft next month. Check back often as we update below with all the latest scoops, including news, rumors and possible transactions.
• Multiple NBA executives think former Ohio State guard D'Angelo Russell will only work out for teams who possess one of the top three picks in the draft, reports SI.com's Chris Mannix.
• Several executives said they "wouldn't touch" former Washington center Robert Upshaw in the first round, reports Mannix. The Huskies dismissed Upshaw in January, and he was also dismissed from Fresno State in 2013, both after unspecified violations of team rules.
• There are "growing signs" that the Boston Celtics are targeting former Kentucky center Willie Cauley-Stein, reports Comcast SportsNet's A. Sherrod Blakely. Blakeley also reports that the Celtics are "very open" to moving up in the draft.
• Multiple executives said former Boston College guard Olivier Hanlan was the "most impressive" among players interviewed at the Draft Combine, reports Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski.
• West Virginia guard Juwan Staten is expected to work out with "close to 15" teams before the draft, reports Yahoo Sports' Marc Spears.