By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL is now in Week 7, and the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers are preparing for their showdown on Thursday Night Football. Only five undefeated teams remain, and each team in the league has at least one win.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Cincinnati Bengals running back Jeremy Hill seized the starting job from Gio Bernard last season, but the two are now sharing carries at a nearly 50–50 split. Offensive coordinator Hue Jackson told the Cincinnati Enquirer that Hill “doesn’t play like I want him to play yet.”
• Seahawks running back Fred Jackson crashed his car after the team’s practice on Tuesday. Initial reports suggested Jackson and teammate Marshawn Lynch were racing, but later reports indicated they were not.
• The Seahawks are expected to get linebacker Bobby Wagner back in time for their Thursday night game against the 49ers, reports NFL.com. Wagner missed last week’s game against the Carolina Panthers with a pectoral strain.
• The Atlanta Falcons signed linebacker Philip Wheeler, reports ESPN’s Vaughn McClure. Wheeler, a former third-round draft pick, last played for the Miami Dolphins. To make room for Wheeler, Atlanta cut safety Charles Godfrey.
• Washington Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson is expected to miss his team’s game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, reports ESPN’s Britt McHenry. Jackson is battling a lingering hamstring injury that has cost him five consecutive games this season.
• Buffalo Bills wide receiver Percy Harvin didn’t make the trip to the UK with his team because of a “personal issue,” according to The Buffalo News. Head coach Rex Ryan didn’t reveal the issue, or how long it will keep Harvin out.