NFL draft rumors: Latest news on players, workouts and team interest
The 2016 NFL draft is two weeks away and college players are crisscrossing the country to work out for teams.
The draft is set to begin on April 28 with the second and third rounds taking place on April 29. The draft concludes on April 30 with the fourth through seventh rounds.
View the full NFL draft order here.
Find a round-up of the latest rumors ahead of the draft below:
• NJ.com reports the Jets made a “serious offer” for the No. 1 pick before the Rams acquired it from the Titans.
• Rams coach Jeff Fisher told Pro Football Talk that the extra second-round pick the Rams held was key in getting the deal done.
• Running back Ezekiel Elliott thinks he would be a “pretty good fit” with the Dolphins, and says the Eagles are showing the most interest in him, according to ESPN. The Eagles traded with the Dolphins last month to move up to No. 8. The Cowboys and Giants are also interested.
• Browns cornerback Joe Haden says he doesn’t think the Browns need to draft a quarterback, and that it “would be fire” to add defensive back Jalen Ramsey to the team’s defense, ESPN reports.
• Clemson defensive end Shaq Lawson’s shoulder checked out well for one team in an injury screening, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reports.