Daily Bagel: Federer tries to make a parrot say "Roger"
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Eugenie Bouchard will not play for Canada in this week's Fed Cup tie against the Czech Republic.
• From The New York Times: Goji berries and sushi, free haircuts, stipends for travel, free racquet stringing...the list of player perks at the Australian Open goes on and on, as the tournament looks to ensure that Melbourne Park remains top-ranked in pampering.
• Following her title at the Australian Open, Serena has now won 23 of her last 24 matches against fellow Top 10 players. Here are nine more stats from the WTA about Serena further cementing her place in tennis history.
• What does Roger Federer do on his day off? A. Mow the lawn. B. Play soccer inside of the house. C. Make a smoothie. D. Try and make a parrot say "Roger." E. All the above. Take a guess and find out the answer in his new commercial for Swiss cell phone company, Sunrise.
• Steve Tignor of Tennis.com grades the top players after their performances at the Australian Open.
• Monica Seles opens up about her struggle with binge eating disorder for nearly ten years on ABC.
• Is the Happy Slam the best Slam? Peter Bodo of ESPN gives his takeaways from the year's first tournament.
GALLERY: TOP 100 PHOTOS FROM THE AUSTRALIAN OPEN [FULL SIZE]