The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• The WTA announced the 2016 calendar, which includes 56 events in addition to the Slams and the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Some changes? There will be nine main WTA events in Chinese Mainland, Hong Kong and Taiwan and nine events in the U.S., including an International-level event in Louisville, Kentucky.
• WTA players are really excited for the grass court season:
• From the New York Times: Comparing LeBron James and Serena Williams: An athlete with as much will as might? LeBron James, but also Serena Williams.
• Genie Bouchard has signed a deal with Aviva Canada, according to IMG Tennis.
• Four tennis players made the top 30 of the Forbes list of the 2015 World’s Highest-Paid Athletes: No. 5 Roger Federer ($67M), No. 13 Novak Djokovic ($48.2M), No. 22 Rafael Nadal ($32.5M) and No. 26 Maria Sharapova ($29.7M). Floyd Mayweather Jr. topped the list at $300M.
• From Tennis Channel: Steve Flink gives a French Open retrospective.
• Grigor Dimitrov and Milos Raonic are practicing together ahead of the Aegon Championships: