Andy Staples joins the SI College Football Podcast to break down the biggest surprises from the first half of the 2015 season and make some predictions for the second half.
The first half of the 2015 college football season has been wildly entertaining, but it has cleared up little for how the season will end. No team has proved it is clearly playoff worthy while several teams expected to have down years have surprised with their progress.
Andy Staples joins hosts Zac Ellis and Lindsay Schnell to help break down the twist and turns of the first seven weeks of the seasons and predict what could happen over the next seven.
Here are the topics Zac, Lindsay and Andy discuss:
• Is it a good or bad thing for the sport that there appear to be no elite teams this season? As fans we say we like parity, but do we really?
• Does Ohio State still deserve to be No. 1 in the polls? If not the Buckeyes, then who should be?
• What has been the biggest disappointment of the season so far? What has been the most pleasant surprise?
• Is the lack of clear favorites in the Pac-12 and SEC a sign that those two conferences aren’t living up to the hype? Is it better for a conference to have depth or be top heavy like the ACC?
• Can Iowa go undefeated in the regular season? If they do, do the Hawkeyes have a chance of winning the Big Ten title?
• Can Pittsburgh continue its hot start to win the ACC Coastal Division? Can Pat Narduzzi make the Panthers consistent winners?
• What are some possible scenarios that would produce major controversy for the College Football Playoff?