A Michigan judge sentenced Ex-MSU gymnastics coach Kathie Klages to 90 days in jail and 18 months probation for lying to police.
Klages was convicted in February of a felony and a misdemeanor for lying to police during a 2018 investigation into former team doctor Larry Nassar's sexual abuse on MSU's campus.
Klages will get credit for one day served. She said she first heard of Nassar's abuse from a 2016 newspaper report and maintains she does not remember being told about the former sports doctor's actions over 20 years ago.
Larry Nassar was sentenced in 2018 to 40 to 175 years in prison for decades of sexual abuse to hundreds of athletes.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Latest NBA Draft Buzz Following NCAA Withdrawal Deadline
- Dear MLB and TV Partners, Give Us More Mic'd Up Players and Less Nonsense: TRAINA THOUGHTS
- Does LeBron James Have Anything to Prove In the Bubble?
- Fantasy Football Bust of the Year: Which 2019 Stud Should You Fade in 2020?
- What to Watch for at the 2020 PGA Championship
- Bundesliga Sets Plan to Begin Allowing Fans Back in Stadiums
- A Wave of Key Summer Returnees Gives College Basketball Something to Build On (edited)