Texas State Head Coach Danny Kaspar has resigned after allegations were made against him concerning racial comments. Kaspar decided to resign just three months after a former player accused him of making racist remarks.
That player was guard Jaylen Shead, who tweeted that Kaspar disparaged players with racist comments in practices. That tweet was later deleted and Shead transferred to another school. Texas State did move forward with an investigation into the allegations but shared on Tuesday it would not make any statements in regards to it.
Athletic director Larry Teis did announce though that he’s accepted Kaspar’s resignation and that assistant coach Terrence Johnson will take over the program for the upcoming season.
FOR MORE CONTENT FROM SI:
- Trashaun Willis, Iowa High School QB With One Arm, Scores Six TDs in One Game
- MLS Sets Schedule for Remainder of 2020 Regular Season, Decision Day
- Why NXT Champion Finn Bálor Fell in Love With Seinfeld During the Pandemic
- Breaking Down the Differing COVID-19 Protocols Among the Power 5
- World Series Power Rankings 2.0: Who's Going to Win It All?
- Anthony Davis Is the Lakers’ Present, and Their Future
- Peyton Manning Takes Savage Shot at Patriots During 'MNF' Megacast: TRAINA THOUGHTS