It is time again for the bittersweet showing that is Thursday Night Football. Week 4 gives us another installment of the Ravens-Steelers rivalry which is generally hard-fought affair, but since this is a Thursday game, it will likely be less than inspired.
It is time again for the bittersweet showing that is Thursday Night Football.
Week 4 gives us another installment of the Ravens-Steelers rivalry which is generally a hard-fought affair, but since this is a Thursday game, it will likely be less than inspired.
Luckily, Extra Mustard is helping to add some needed excitement through responsible drinking with another installment of our Thursday Night Football drinking game.
Responsibly sip your drink when:
- You hear someone use the word “smashmouth”
- Jim Nantz reads a Two Broke Girls or Big Bang Theory promo
- CBS refers to one of its shows as “the best”
- Any time Pittsburgh or Baltimore are called blue-collar cities
- Any time the game is called the NFL’s most intense rivalry
- Ben Roethlisberger is shown on the sideline
- Nantz or Phil Simms allude obliquely to Mike Vick’s dark past
- You remember Heath Miller is still in the NFL
- You get weirded out by Vick wearing No. 2
- Nantz notes Vick’s recent change back to Mike from Michael
Take two sips when:
- They talk about Charlie Batch
- Le'Veon Bell is mentioned in the same sentence as “off-the-field issues”
- You finally realize neither of these defenses are any good
- A mic catches some righteous Steve Smith Sr. trash talk
- A commercial break does not feature a daily fantasy ad
- Vick is compared to former Baltimore backup and current Bills starter Tyrod Taylor
Finish Your Beer When:
- They show someone in a Vick Steelers jersey
- Vick’s diminished physical abilities make you contemplate your own mortality
- Antonio Brown gets hurt on a punt return
Several Extra Mustard writers will be putting our money where our mouth is and giving the drinking game a try tonight, so come back tomorrow and we will fill you in on the results/carnage.