When Mookie Betts was traded to the Dodgers this offseason, many Los Angeles fans focused on the fact he might be off the team by the end of 2020 given he only has one year left on his contract. But none of that matters in fantasy baseball. According to the latest Average Draft Position data, Betts is coming off draft boards as a Top 7 pick.
Sports Illustrated’s fantasy baseball analyst Shawn Childs had this to say about the outfielder in his MLB 2020 Preview: “Clutch player waiting to get paid. Buy his expected edge in batting average with a high floor in runs, power, and speed while understanding he’s just reaching the prime of his career. The change to the NL may lower his ceiling in his power.”Childs and Inside The Dodgers editor Howard Cole elaborated on Betts’ ADP and where they ranked him for the upcoming, albeit shortened, season.
MORE FROM SI FANTASY
- Latest Dynasty Rankings
- Late Round-Flier: Justin Jackson
- Has D.J. Chark's Draft Value Jumped the Shark?
- Mid-Round Steal: Hayden Hurst
- Target Philip Rivers: Dirt-Cheap Backup
- Late-Round Flier: Preston Williams
- How Many Rushing Yards Will Melvin Gordon Have?
- Tennessee Titans Team Outlook
- Are You Going Back to the Well for James Conner?
- Browns WR Odell Beckham Will Reignite His Fantasy Dominance