Which contending teams will shake up their roster and make a deal before the trade deadline?
The All–Star break is over, and teams are starting the second half of the season.
The race to make moves before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline is two weeks away, and teams in the contention looking to pick up a big bat or solidify their starting rotation for a playoff run are making calls around the league.
The biggest name of the summer trade market is gone after All–Star shortstop Manny Machado who was traded to the Dodgers from the Orioles. But while that deal is complete, others are expected in the weeks ahead.
The Mets made a splash on Saturday by trading Jeurys Familia to the Athletics for two minor leaguers and international bonus pool money.
Speculation still surrounds the Mets, as they could possibly trade Jacob deGrom and Noah Syndergaard before the deadline.
Here is the latest news and rumors from around the league:
• The trade market for Orioles southpaw Zach Britton "includes nearly every top contender." The Yankees, Red Sox, Astros, Cubs, Brewers, Phillies and Braves are included in teams interested in Britton. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Rays are "drawing significant interest" in trade talks for RHP Chris Archer. (Ken Rosenthal, FOX Sports)
• The Mariners have "expressed interest" in acquiring Mets infielder Asdrubal Cabrera. (Matt Ehalt, Bergen Record)
• The Mets traded Jeurys Familia to the Athletics in exchange for minor league reliever Bobby Wahl and third baseman Will Toffey. New York will also receive international bonus pool money from Oakland. (New York Mets) The Mets will reportedly get $1 million in international slot money. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Pitcher Jacob deGrom said his preference is to remain with the Mets, saying “I want to win here,” he said, adding that he hopes “the feeling is mutual." (Associated Press)
• The Cubs, Red Sox, Braves and Astros will not get Jeurys Familia from the Mets. (Buster Olney, ESPN)
• The Giants are not in the mix to get Jeurys Familia from the Mets. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The A's are among the teams the Mets are looking to trade closer Jeurys Familia, but the Cubs are not. New York is working to finish a deal. (Buster Olney, ESPN)
• The Orioles are "barreling ahead" with trade discussions involving LHP Zach Britton. The Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Giants and Astros are among the teams interested in Britton. (Jerry Crasnick, ESPN)
• Mets' RHP Jeurys Familia is likely to be "moving well before [the] deadline." Seven to eight teams have shown interest in the pitcher, and the Mets are "exhanging names" with teams in trade talks. (Andy Martino, SNY)