Get the latest scoops, news and rumors during the MLB offseason.
With three weeks until pitchers and catchers report for spring training, there are still over 100 free agents that have yet to sign deals, including two of the offseason's biggest names.
While the hot stove waits for Bryce Harper and Manny Machado to choose their teams and sign contracts, the market is at a virtual standstill as teams hold back from shelling out huge dollar figures to established players.
Harper and Machado were both expected to ink monster deals, but there has been little news of substance on that front for weeks. The most coveted reliever on the free agent market—reliever Craig Kimbrel, who had 42 saves last season for the world champion Red Sox—also remains unsigned.
Here are all the latest transactions and rumors around baseball:
• The Marlins signed infielder Neil Walker to a one-year contract. (official)
• The Phillies are "interested and in" on superstar Bryce Harper, but rumors of Harper signing today in Philadelphia are unfounded. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• While the Padres are interested in Manny Machado, they are also considering free-agent third baseman Mike Moustakas, who may be a more realistic target. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• The Cincinnati Reds have become interested in Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto, who has spent all offseason as the marquee name to be publicly placed on the trade block. Cincinnati prospects Hunter Greene, Nick Senzel and Taylor Trammell are thought to be of interest to the Marlins. (Jon Heyman, FanCred/MLB Metwork)
• The Red Sox are signing reliever Jenrry Mejia, who had previously been given a lifetime ban but was reinstated last year. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Dodgers manager Dave Roberts called signing A.J. Pollock "a big win" for the team and said they are pretty set in the outfield, fueling talk that L.A. is out on the Harper sweepstakes. (MLB Network Radio)
• Makers of the video game MLB The Show teased that they have big news concerning Harper coming on Tuesday. (MLB The Show)
• The Padres are reportedly making a "late charge" to acquire Realmuto. The Braves, Dodgers and Reds are also interested in Realmuto. (Craig Mish, SiriusXM)
• The Rangers agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million deal for RHP Shawn Kelley. (Jeff Passan, ESPN)