The MLB trade deadline is now less than a week away but still no blockbuster deals have taken place. But there is still a wealth of talent left of the market, especially for teams in need of starting pitching.
Noah Syndergaard is the biggest pitching name on the market, with the Mets potentially dealing their ace before the July 31 deadline. The Blue Jays sent starter Marcus Stroman to Queens on Sunday, and a slim chance remains for trades of Madison Bumgarner and Trevor Bauer.
There is no waiver trade deadline this season so teams need to finalize their plans moving forward before then.
Here is the latest roundup of news and rumors from around the league.
• The Yankees have asked the Tigers about Shane Greene. (Jon Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Yankees were not willing to include top pitching prospect Deivi Garcia in trade talks for Marcus Stroman. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• Toronto's No. 1 prospect Bo Bichette was called up to the MLB club on Sunday. (Shi Davidi, Sportsnet)
• The Yankees will consider trading Miguel Andujar and Clint Frazier for starting pitching. (Jon Heyman, MLB Network)
• The Rays will acquire infielder Eric Sogard from the Blue Jays. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• The Dodgers are considering a trade for Blue Jays SP Marcus Stroman. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Padres are "best positioned" to trade for Noah Syndergaard. (Jon Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Mets could use their return from a Noah Syndergaard trade to get Marcus Stroman from the Blue Jays. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Four teams are interested in Mets closer Edwin Diaz, including the Dodgers and Braves. (Mike Puma, New York Post)
• The Reds could trade Yasiel Puig and 2B Scooter Gennett by the trade deadline. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Oakland is interested in Mets starters Noah Syndergaard and Zack Wheeler. (Susan Slusser, San Francisco Chronicles)
• The Twins have engaged in trade talks for Rangers SP Mike Minor. (Jon Morosi, MLB.com)