Los Angeles Angels (11-11) at Texas Rangers (10-14)
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
7:05 PM CT
Globe Life Field | Arlington, TX
LAA: RHP Alex Cobb (1-1, 6.28 ERA)
TEX: RHP Dane Dunning (1-0, 3.06 ERA)
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Radio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLC
Los Angeles Angels
Texas Rangers Starting Lineup
- DH Willie Calhoun
- 2B Nick Solak
- RF Joey Gallo
- 1B Nate Lowe
- CF Adolis García
- LF David Dahl
- SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- 3B Brock Holt
- C Jonah Heim
Los Angeles Angels Starting Lineup
- 2B David Fletcher
- DH Shohei Ohtani
- CF Mike Trout
- 1B Jared Walsh
- 3B Anthony Rendon
- LF Jose Rojas
- SS José Iglesias
- RF Scott Schebler
- C Max Stassi
Rangers Injury Report
10-Day Injured List
- Kyle Cody (right shoulder inflammation): The injury was announced less than two hours ahead of Sunday's game. As of now, the Rangers don't seem concerned that the injury is serious.
- Khris Davis (Grade 2 left quad strain): Davis is at the Rangers alternate training site. He could return early enough to join the team for their four-game road trip to Minnesota. However, it's more likely to be after the Rangers return home next weekend.
- Sam Huff (arthroscopic knee surgery): Huff was near the end of his rehab regarding his hamstring injury, but tweaked his knee in the batting cage last week. Huff had surgery on Wednesday to remove a "loose body" in his knee. He will be able to DH in about 8 weeks.
Clayton Kershaw Still Considering Rangers
The Los Angeles Dodgers have the Highland Park native for 2023, but he will reportedly only consider two teams after the season.
Bruce Bochy on Rangers Signing Jacob deGrom: 'We Mean Business’
New Texas Rangers manager Bruce Bochy made his first public comments about the Jacob deGrom signing on Monday.
MLB Free Agency Tracker: Trea Turner, Phillies Agree To Deal
Inside the Rangers keeps up with all of the MLB free agency news as the hot stove league of the 2022 offseason unfolds.
60-Day Injured List
- Matt Bush (right flexor strain): Bush is currently in a six-week shutdown, then will undergo an MRI. It's looking like the soonest Bush could come back is around the All-Star break.
- Ronald Guzmán (torn meniscus in right knee): Guzmán underwent successful season-ending knee surgery on Wednesday.
- Jonathan Hernández (Tommy John surgery): Hernández underwent Tommy John surgery on April 12, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
- José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery on March 31, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
Other Rangers Injuries
- Josh Jung (left foot stress fracture): Jung is "pain-free," and should be getting out of a walking boot soon. The Rangers don't expect Jung to return to game action until the end of May or early June — longer than the original prognosis of 6-8 weeks.