Toronto Blue Jays (3-1) at Texas Rangers (1-3)
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
7:05 PM CT
Globe Life Field | Arlington, TX
TOR: RHP Tanner Roark (0-0, -.-- ERA)
TEX: RHP Dane Dunning (0-0, -.-- ERA)
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Radio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLC
Toronto Blue Jays
TV: SportsNet, SportsNet-1
Texas Rangers Starting Lineup
- SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- LF David Dahl
- RF Joey Gallo
- DH Nate Lowe
- 2B Nick Solak
- 1B Ronald Guzmán
- 3B Brock Holt
- C Jonah Heim
- CF Leody Taveras
Toronto Blue Jays Starting Lineup
- 2B Marcus Semien
- 3B Cavan Biggio
- SS Bo Bichette
- RF Teoscar Hernández
- 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr.
- LF Lourdes Gurriel Jr.
- DH Rowdy Tellez
- CF Randal Grichuk
- C Alejandro Kirk
Rangers Pitching Tandem
Dane Dunning will make his first start as a Texas Ranger on Tuesday night. He will be followed by Taylor Hearn after Dunning has reached his limit.
Hearn has already made one appearance this season, logging 2 1/3 innings in relief of Opening Day starter Kyle Gibson. Hearn allowed two runs on four hits, with one walk and two strikeouts.
Globe Life Field Roof Closed Tonight
Rangers Injury Report
10-Day Injured List
- Brock Burke (left shoulder surgery in 2020): The Rangers like his progress, which is slow and steady.
- *Willie Calhoun (left groin strain): Rangers president of baseball operations Jon Daniels said Calhoun is "not far off" from heading to the alternate training site to begin the intake testing process. With the way COVID-19 protocols are this season, this is a positive sign that his return is on the horizon.
- Khris Davis (Grade 2 left quad strain): Davis is nearly two weeks into a 3-4 week prognosis. He has begun a light rehab, but has yet to participate in any baseball activity.
- Demarcus Evans (right lat strain): Evans is throwing bullpens and is scheduled to appear in upcoming minor league games in Arizona. His exact timetable is still undetermined.
- Sam Huff (Grade 2 hamstring strain): Huff is progressing well and is in the latter stages of his rehab. He will undergo one more MRI and the club will make their determination from there.
- *Brett Martin (lower-back tightness): Martin is scheduled to pitch in a game at the alternate training site on Wednesday. According to Jon Daniels, Martin could be activated as early as this weekend.
- *Joely Rodríguez (sprained ankle): On Tuesday, Jon Daniels put Rodríguez in a similar timetable as Willie Calhoun, that he's "not far off" from heading to the alternate training site.
60-Day Injured List
- Jonathan Hernández (low-grade UCL sprain): Hernández will have a four-week follow-up MRI this week, at which point next steps will be determined.
- José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery last Wednesday, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
Other Rangers Injuries
- Josh Jung (left foot stress fracture): Jung had successful surgery last Monday, and is back in Arizona beginning his rehab. His estimated recovery time is 6-8 weeks.