Texas Rangers (18-19) at San Francisco Giants (21-14)
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
2:45 PM CT
Oracle Park | San Francisco, CA
TEX: RHP Jordan Lyles (1-2, 7.09 ERA)
SF: RHP Logan Webb (1-3, 5.34 ERA)
TV: Bally Sports Southwest, MLB Network
Radio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLC
San Francisco Giants
TV: NBC Sports Bay Area, MLB Network
Radio: KNBR, KSFN
Texas Rangers Starting Lineup
- LF Willie Calhoun
- SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- 1B Nate Lowe
- RF Joey Gallo
- 2B Nick Solak
- CF David Dahl
- 3B Charlie Culberson
- C Jonah Heim
- P Jordan Lyles
San Francisco Giants Starting Lineup
- LF Mike Tauchman
- RF Mike Yastrzemski
- 3B Evan Longoria
- 1B Brandon Belt
- 2B Wilmer Flores
- SS Brandon Crawford
- C Curt Casali
- CF Steven Duggar
- P Logan Webb
Jose Trevino Dealing With Minor Injury
Rangers catcher Jose Trevino is missing from Tuesday's lineup, which raised concerns about his health after sitting out Monday's game as well. Manager Chris Woodward explained that Trevino is dealing with a sore tricep and wanted to give him an extra day to rest it.
As far as Adolis García's absence from the lineup, Woodward simply doesn't want to "run him in the ground" with too many days. García has played nearly every day since being called up on April 13, and the Rangers are about to wrap up a stretch of 19 consecutive days without a day off.
Rangers Injury Report
10-Day Injured List
- Kohei Arihara (right middle finger contusion): Arihara received an injection to try to help him pitch through the pain, but after last Saturday's start, the Rangers decided to put him on the IL.
- Brock Holt (right hamstring strain): Less than an hour before first pitch last Tuesday, the Rangers moved Holt to the IL retroactive to May 3. According to manager Chris Woodward, Holt injured the hamstring while running to second base after his game-winning hit against the Boston Red Sox.
60-Day Injured List
- Matt Bush (right flexor strain): Bush is currently in a six-week shutdown, then will undergo an MRI. It's looking like the soonest Bush could come back is around the All-Star break.
- Kyle Cody (right shoulder impingement): Rangers manager Chris Woodward said on Sunday that Cody's injury is coming along more slowly than initially expected. After being moved to the 60-day IL later that day, it's clear Cody's injury is long-term.
- Ronald Guzmán (torn meniscus in right knee): Guzmán underwent successful season-ending knee surgery on April 28.
- Jonathan Hernández (Tommy John surgery): Hernández underwent Tommy John surgery on April 12, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
- Sam Huff (arthroscopic knee surgery): Huff was near the end of his rehab regarding his hamstring injury, but tweaked his knee in the batting cage near the end of minor league camp. Huff had surgery on April 28 to remove a "loose body" in his knee. His prognosis from the time of surgery is eight weeks.
- José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery on March 31, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
Other Rangers Injuries
- Josh Jung (left foot stress fracture): Jung is now out of a walking boot. The Rangers don't expect Jung to return to game action until the end of May or early June — longer than the original prognosis of 6-8 weeks.
Like 'Inside The Rangers' on Facebook