Seattle Mariners (55-48) at Texas Rangers (36-66)
Friday, July 30, 2021
7:05 PM CT
Globe Life Field | Arlington, TX
SEA: RHP Logan Gilbert (4-2, 3.81 ERA)
TEX: LHP Kolby Allard (2-8, 4.71 ERA)
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Radio: 105.3 The Fan, KFLC 1270
TV: Root Sports Northwest
Texas Rangers Starting Lineup
- SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- 3B Brock Holt
- CF Adolis García
- 1B Nathaniel Lowe
- 2B Andy Ibáñez
- C Jonah Heim
- RF David Dahl
- DH Curtis Terry
- LF Jason Martin
Seattle Mariners Starting Lineup
- SS J.P. Crawford
- RF Mitch Haniger
- 1B Ty France
- 3B Kyle Seager
- DH Luis Torrens
- 2B Abraham Toro
- C Tom Murphy
- CF Jarred Kelenic
- LF Dylan Moore
Rangers Roster Moves Since July 29
Trade With New York Yankees
- INF Josh Smith
- INF Trevor Hauver
- INF Ezequiel Duran
- RHP Glenn Otto
- OF Joey Gallo
- LHP Joely Rodríguez
- Cash considerations
Rangers vs Yankees: Starting Lineups, Injury Report
The Texas Rangers look to bounce back in the Bronx as they take on the New York Yankees on Tuesday night.
Rangers History Today: The End of The Jeff Banister Era
The Texas Rangers made a managerial change on this day, dismissing a skipper that led them to a pair of division titles.
Rangers Lose To Gallo And Yankees 4-3 In Opener
The bats woke up for three runs in the Bronx on Monday night, but pitching is still a question.
Trade With Philadelphia Phillies
- RHP Spencer Howard
- RHP Kevin Gowdy
- RHP Josh Gessner
- RHP Kyle Gibson
- RHP Ian Kennedy
- RHP Hans Crouse
- Cash considerations
Subsequent Roster Moves
- Rangers select the contracts of RHP Drew Anderson and RHP Jharel Cotton
- RHP Josh Sborz activated from Paternity Leave List
- C John Hicks assigned outright to Triple-A Round Rock
Rangers Injury Report
10-Day Injured List
- Willie Calhoun (left forearm fracture): Calhoun is recovering well, maybe even ahead of schedule. Optimistically, he could start swinging a bat next week. Jon Daniels said the Rangers haven't put Calhoun on the 60-day IL because they believe he has a real chance to come back in a lesser amount of time.
- John King (left shoulder inflammation): King threw exclusively fastballs in a bullpen session on Tuesday. According to manager Chris Woodward, King came out of it feeling "normal." King was scheduled to throw another bullpen later in the week with all of his pitches. Afterward, the Rangers will decide what next steps to take to get him back.
60-Day Injured List
- Kohei Arihara (right shoulder surgery): Arihara had a procedure to repair of posterior circumflex humeral artery aneurysm in his right arm. The procedure was performed by vascular surgeon Dr. Gregory Pearl in Dallas and went as expected. Arihara started playing catch on July 1 at Globe Life Field and is considered ahead of schedule. He could begin a rehab assignment in late August or early September.
- Matt Bush (right flexor strain): Bush was shut down for six weeks after suffering the injury. He was thought to maybe be ready around the All-Star break, but Bush's timetable is still undetermined.
- Kyle Cody (right shoulder impingement): Cody had a setback in early July. From the looks of it, Cody will be a candidate to pitch at instructs in the fall.
- Ronald Guzmán (torn meniscus in right knee): Guzmán underwent successful season-ending knee surgery on April 28.
- Jonathan Hernández (Tommy John surgery): Hernández underwent Tommy John surgery on April 12, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
- José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery on March 31, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months.
- Hunter Wood (right UCL sprain): Wood underwent surgery on June 28 on his right elbow in Arlington. Dr. Keith Meister inserted an internal brace in the elbow. Wood is expected to be sidelined for a minimum of eight months.
More From SI's Inside The Rangers:
- Rangers Trade Gibson, Kennedy & Crouse To Phillies For Howard, Two Prospects
- Trading Joey Gallo Embodies Rangers' Full 'Embrace' of Rebuilding
- How The Joey Gallo Trade Affects The Rangers' Rebuild
- Rangers GM Chris Young Helped Make Jack Leiter's Road To Texas 'Extremely Special'
Make Sure To Like 'Inside The Rangers' on Facebook