Related stories on Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kevin Harvick, Denny Hamlin and Greg Biffle in the SI Vault
• Hitting on All CylindersBy Mark Bechtel, August 27, 2001Kevin Harvick is driving Dale Earnhardt's car and doing a lot more besides.
• Dale Earnhardt Jr. And Nascar NationBy Jeff MacGregor, July 1, 2002Sixteen months after the death of its biggest star, stock car racing is bigger than ever, propelled by a new generation of drivers burning rubber through the intersection of sports and commerce.
• Sweet 16By Lars Anderson, May 9, 2005Greg Biffle's no young gun, but at 35 he has the talent--and, finally, the car--to make a run at the Nextel Cup title.
• Shootin' The Breeze With JuniorBy Lars Anderson, February 19, 2007Off the track and on the record with Dale Earnhardt Jr., who talks about growing up, goofing off and missing his dad.
• Denny HamlinBy Mark Beech, December 5, 2007There would be no sophomore slump for 2006 Rookie of the Year Denny Hamlin.
• Fired UpBy Lars Anderson, February 18, 2008Driving for a powerhouse team and with a fresh outlook, NASCAR's most popular driver, Dale Earnhardt Jr., plans to give his fans a lot more to cheer about.
• The Third ManBy Lars Anderson, October 6, 2008Look out, Jimmie and Carl: Undersung Greg Biffle is off to a roaring start in the Chase and hard on your bumpers.
• Jimmie Steps OutBy Lars Anderson, November 24, 2008NASCAR's best driver on the track, sports' next celebrity on the street: the two sides of Cup champ Jimmie Johnson.
• American Hero 2.0By Joe Posnanski, December 24, 2009Jimmie Johnson may not remind you of old-time drivers, but he is the perfect champion for today.
• A Blend That Can't Be BeatBy Lars Anderson, December 24, 2009A unique combination of driving skill and a cerebral approach to racing makes Jimmie Johnson one of a kind: champion for four years running.
• Party Hard And Race HarderBy Lars Anderson, February 15, 2010From fender rubbing to late-night clubbing -- to tweeting about both -- Sprint Cup contender Denny Hamlin is a high-octane blend of old school grit and cutting-edge cool.
• Happy AgainBy Lars Anderson, March 8, 2010After two subpar seasons, Kevin Harvick is off to a roaring start and living up to his nickname.
You May Like
More More Sports
Sign Up for our Newsletter
Don't get stuck on the sidelines! Sign up to get exclusives, daily highlights, analysis and more—delivered right to your inbox!