NBA draft rumors: Latest news on trades, first-round buzz
The NBA draft is two weeks away, and the rumor mill has begun to heat up. With the pool of eligible players set, teams continue to conduct workouts and do their diligence evaluating prospects and preparing for the big night. The NBA Finals are in full swing, but draft prep is still moving along behind the scenes.
Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram remain locked in as consensus top two selections, but beyond that, there’s plenty of room for chaos. Teams are trying to move up, and in some cases, into the draft, period.
Who’s rising? Who’s falling? Who wants to make a deal?
Keep tabs on this page for the latest news and rumors.
Thursday, June 9
• Ingram is set to work out with the Los Angeles Lakers on Thursday, the team announced. As of right now, the Philadelphia 76ers appear poised to select LSU forward Ben Simmons with the No. 1 draft pick, reports ESPN. Simmons’s agent Rich Paul has been prepping for his client to go to Philadelphia.
• Syracuse wing Malachi Richardson could be improving his stock. Philly.com reports Richardson could be a top-10 pick, according to one league scout. Another scout compared the quality of his workout to what Kristaps Porzingis did last season. It appears Richardson has gone from borderline draftee to possible first-rounder, if not better.
• The Clippers are telling player agents they intend to move up in the first round, reports Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders. L.A. currently holds the No. 25 selection.
• Croatian forward and projected high lottery pick Dragan Bender will work out for the Celtics, Suns and Timberwolves, according to European basketball reporter David Pick. Boston, Phoenix and Minnesota pick third, fourth and fifth, respectively.
• The Knicks and Nets are both trying to trade for at least one draft pick, according to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders. The Knicks do not hold a draft pick, and the Nets have the No. 55 selection.