NBA rumors: Latest news from the off-season and Olympics
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The Olympics are entering the quarterfinals in basketball, with the U.S. set to take on Argentina on Wednesday. But that’s not the only topic of conversation around the basketball world as former top 10 pick is on the verge of returning the NBA.
Check out the latest NBA news and rumors below.
• The Los Angeles Lakers and former No. 6 overall pick Yi Jianlian are finalizing a one-year deal worth about $8 million, reports ESPN’s Marc Stein. Jianlian has not played in the NBA since 2012, instead playing for the Guangdong Southern Tigers.
• The Miami Heat are bringing back Beno Udrih on a one-year, fully guaranteed deal, reports The Vertical’s Shams Charania.
• Paul Pierce is coming back for his 19th season. According to the Los Angeles Daily News, Pierce is planning on returning to the Los Angeles Clippers.
• The Minnesota Timberwolves will likely trade point guard Ricky Rubio. On an ESPN podcast, Darren Wolfson reports the Sacramento Kings will be a team to watch if Rubio gets dealt.
• The Denver Nuggets and D.J. Kennedy have agreed to a partially guaranteed three-year deal, reports Charania. Kennedy, who played at St. Johns, has mostly played overseas and was one of the stars of The Basketball Tournament.
• Current Nuggets head coach Mike Malone might be harboring some hard feelings about being fired by the Sacramento Kings. USA Today reports that Malone said the color purple is no longer in his wardrobe and despite it being his wife’s favorite color, no one in his family is wearing it.
• The Golden State Warriors have added point guard Phil Pressey on a training camp deal, reports David Pick. Pressey briefly played for the Phoenix Suns last year.