Medical tests have revealed continued blood clotting in Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh, making it unlikely he will be able to return to the court.
Medical tests have revealed continued blood clotting in Miami Heat forward Chris Bosh, making it unlikely he will be able to return to the court, the team announced. The Miami Herald first reported the news.
The Herald reports Bosh’s condition is not life threatening if he receives treatment, but it remains unrealistic that he could continue his basketball career.
Bosh said earlier this month that he felt he was ready to return to the team and would “absolutely” be ready for training camp.
The team did not provide a timetable for his return, but Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical reports the Heat believe Bosh’s career with them is over. Bosh has not wanted to speak with president Pat Riley for months, Wojnarowski reports.
Bosh released a video statement via UNINTERRUPTED on Friday night.
Bosh has not played a full season in either of the past two years as a result of being sidelined with the blood clots. He was diagnosed with a clot that moved from his leg to his lung in February 2015 and again with a clot in his leg this February.
Doctors have previously told Bosh that his career would likely be ended by blood clots.
The 13-year veteran has three years and $75 million remaining on his contract with the Heat. He has been selected as an All-Star every season since 2005–06 and has won two NBA championships with Miami.
– Erin Flynn