The latest news and rumors from the NBA regular season.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
As the NBA season rolls on, many around the league are focused on the pressing off-court matter of a new collective bargaining agreement. The NBA and NBPA have yet to reach an agreement on a new deal before Thursday's opt-out deadline, and New York Knicks forward and NBPA vice president Carmelo Anthony said he is "skeptical" that both sides will reach an agreement before the deadline.
Check out the latest NBA news & rumors below.
• The late snag in CBA talks is centered around a dispute over control of licensing matters and the usage of player likeness, reports ESPN's Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein.
• The Houston Rockets are in talks with the NBA about "a resolution" as it does not appear that Donatas Motiejunas will sign the contract both sides agreed to on Friday, reports Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.
• Chicago Bulls forward Taj Gibson wants to stay with the team amidst trade rumors, reports K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
• The New Orleans Pelicans are making center Omer Asik "very much available" to teams interested in trading for him, reports CSNNE.com.
• Indiana Pacers guard Monta Ellis will miss all four of the team's games this week with a groin strain, reports Scott Agness of Vigilant Sports.
• Memphis Grizzlies forward James Ennis will return from a calf strain early next week, reports ESPN's Chris Haynes. Ennis has missed three weeks with the injury.
• Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton has been getting advice from his former head coach and current New York Knicks president Phil Jackson, fueling speculation that Jackson will opt out of his contract to join the Lakers this summer, reports Marc Berman of the New York Post.