As games were played in the aftermath of Kobe Bryant's death on Sunday, players paid tribute to the late NBA legend with their sneakers.
Throughout his 20-year career, Bryant was an icon in the sneaker industry. Bryant signed an endorsement with Adidas once he was out of high school, but pivoted to Nike in 2003. His sneaker line is one of the top in basketball history, and many active NBA players continue to wear his signature designs.
Many players wore shoes from Bryant's line and wrote messages on them in tribute on Sunday. The entire Pelicans roster also wore Kobe Bryant sneakers for the national anthem, regardless of their endorsement affiliation.
These are some of the sneaker tributes NBA players paid to Bryant and Gianna.
More Coverage of Kobe Bryant's Death:
- Kobe Bryant, Daughter Die in California Helicopter Crash
- For the Bryant Family, An Unimaginable Loss
- Kobe Bryant Left His Mark as a Generational Hero
- Sports World Reacts to Kobe Bryant's Sudden Death
- Remembering Kobe Bryant: Sports Illustrated Covers Through the Years
- Spurs-Raptors Open Game With Shot Clock Violations to Honor Kobe
- Shaq Reflects on Kobe's Passing: "There’s No Words to Express the Pain"