Domantas Sabonis and Malcom Brogdon of the Indiana Pacers both had an outstanding statistical season for the Indiana Pacers last season.
They also started the season off hot.
Before the All-Star break, Brogdon averaged 21.2 points per game and Sabonis averaged 20.8 points per game.
Those scoring numbers from both players were so impressive that they averaged more points per game before the All-Star break than Miami Heat's five-time All-Star Jimmy Butler, who averaged 20.5 points per game pre-All-Star break.
The pre-All-Star break averages of every player in the NBA can be seen here from NBA.com
In fairness to Butler he did only play 22 games in that stretch compared to 34 from Brogdon and 35 from Sabonis.
Butler, however, did end up averaging more points on the entire season than both Brogdon and Sabonis, but all three players had an outstanding season.
Full 2020-21 stats:
- Jimmy Butler: 21.5 points, 6.9 rebounds, 7.1 assists.
- Malcolm Brogdon: 21.2 points, 5.3 rebounds and 5.9 assists.
- Domantas Sabonis: 20.3 points, 12.0 rebounds, 6.7 assists.
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Butler signed a four-year, $184 million extension with the Heat. The story from Wojnarowski on ESPN about the extension can be read here.
Related stories on NBA basketball
- PACERS DRAFT CHRIS DUARTE: The Indiana Pacers drafted Chris Duarte out of Oregon with the 13th overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft. CLICK HERE.
- PACERS TRADE FOR ISAIAH WASHINGTON: The Indiana Pacers made a trade with the Washington Wizards to get the 22nd overall pick, which was Isaiah Jackson out of Kentucky. CLICK HERE.
- RICK CARLISLE SPEAKS ABOUT NEW DRAFT PICKS: Indiana Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle spoke about new draft picks Isaiah Washington and Chris Duarte. CLICK HERE.
- HEAT BRING BACK VICTOR OLADIPO: Victor Oladipo is headed back to the Miami Heat, according to The Atheltic's Shams Charania. CLICK HERE.