Despite rumors that he's on the trade block, Jay Cutler is reportedly expected to return as the Bears' starting quarterback next season.

By SI Wire
March 10, 2015

The Chicago Bears expect Jay Cutler to be the team's quarterback next season, reports's Chris Mortensen.

According to the report, there is "absolutely zero truth" to speculation that Cutler is on the trading block.


Last month at the NFL scouting combine, Bears head coach John Fox said that the team was evaluating whether Cutler should be the team's quarterback entering next season.

"I don't think there's any question there's ability and talent there," Fox said about Cutler. "There's a lot more that goes into that. We're evaluating that as we speak."

NFL rumors: Latest buzz around free agency, trades, 2015 NFL draft

Cutler, 31, set career highs in completion percentage and touchdown passes in 2014, but he also tied for the league lead in interceptions thrown.

Cutler said before the end of the season that he had no idea about his future with the team, even though he signed a seven-year, $126 million deal last off-season. He is set to make $15.5 million next season and will receive another $10 million if he is still on the team's roster at 4 p.m. ET on Thursday.

- Scooby Axson

You May Like