NFL rumors: Latest buzz around free agency, trades
With the NFL draft over and free agency winding down, the NFL rumor mill is abuzz. What's the latest? Check back often as we update below with all the latest scoops, including transactions, news and rumors.
• Safety D.J. Swearinger says in an Instagram post that he's leaving the Houston Texans after only two seasons with the team. Swearinger was a second-round selection by the Texans in the 2013 NFL draft.
• Tight end Fred Davis reportedly will sign with the New England Patriots on a one-year deal. Davis was reinstated last week after being suspended for a year for violating the league's substance-abuse policy.
• New England Patriots cornerback Kyle Arrington will be released, according to ESPN.com's Mike Reiss. Arrington has spent each of his six NFL seasons with the Patriots and was due to make $3 million this season.
• The Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens have shifted Anthony Levine from cornerback back to his natural safety position.
• Patriots quarterback Tom Brady will reportedly be suspended for his role in the Deflategate scandal, though NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the league has not made a decision on whether it will suspend the Super Bowl MVP.