Among the notable NFL players injured in Week 9 are Nick Mangold and Dion Lewis.
Center Nick Mangold, who missed Week 8 due to a neck injury, exited with the same ailment in the first half of Sunday’s game and did not return. On top of that, kicker Nick Folk did not kick after injuring his right quad either in warmups or on the game’s opening kickoff. Starting punter Ryan Quigley filled in
Cornerback Antonio Cromartie was also seen on the sideline with his thigh wrapped and safety Dion Bailey left with an apparent left leg injury. Both did not return.
That wasn’t all for Week 9 injuries. Here are some others:
• Patriots running back Dion Lewis left Sunday’s game against the Redskins in the third quarter with a knee injury and did not return.
• Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger exited with a foot injury and was replaced by Landry Jones on the following drive.
• Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater took a hit to the head and left against the Rams to be evaluated for a concussion. He did not return.
• Bills running back LeSean McCoy went down with a shoulder injury and did not return.
• Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly exited with an apparent right ankle injury.
• Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee left the game to be evaluated for a concussion.
• Raiders running back Latavius Murray left to be evaluated for a concussion.
• Packers running back Eddie Lacy left with a groin injury. Cornerback Casey Heyward is being evaluated for a concussion.
• Jaguars offensive guard Zane Beadles left with a sprained knee but later returned.
• Steelers wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey left Sunday’s game against the Raiders with a knee injury, but returned.
• Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall left to be evaluated for a concussion. DeMarcus Ware sustained a back injury and was ruled out for the remainder of the game.
This post will be updated.
- Kenny Ducey