Chargers receiver Malcom Floyd says he will retire after the season
Floyd, 34, has reportedly been planning to retire after the 2015 season, the last year of his current contract and the 12th of his career, for a few years. He tore his labrum Nov. 9 against Chicago and his return this season is uncertain, although he is rehabbing as if he will play again. "This is my last season," Floyd said Wednesday, according to the Union-Tribune.
Floyd has 21 catches for 409 yards and 3 touchdowns this season. He’s spent his entire career with the Chargers after going undrafted out of Wyoming in 2004, and has recorded 312 catches for 5,398 yards and 34 touchdowns.
The Chargers are 2–7 and in last place in the AFC West.
- Jeremy Woo