See the latest news and rumors around the NFL from Week 17 action.
By Justin Lee, Chat Sports
With a win against the San Diego Chargers in Week 17, Denver will clinch a first-round bye and the AFC West title. If Denver loses next week, however, it opens up scenarios for the Kansas City Chiefs to win the West and the Bengals to clinch a playoff bye.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Bengals’ loss on Monday Night Football kept the Houston Texans (8–7) from securing the AFC South. However, the second-place Indianapolis Colts (7–8) will still need nine other scenarios to break their way to overtake the Texans in Week 17. A full look at the current NFL playoff picture can be found here on SI.com.
• The Cleveland Browns are expected to retain head coach Mike Pettine and fire general manager Ray Farmer at the end of the regular season, reports Bleacher Report’s Jason Cole.
• Pettine will meet with quarterback Johnny Manziel about a video that hit the Internet on Sunday night, he told reporters. The video shows Manziel singing “March Madness” by Future, while another person is apparently consuming alcohol.
• Oakland Raiders fullback Marcel Reece has been suspended by the NFL for four games without pay for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, according to multiple reports.
• Seattle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch could return from an abdominal injury for Wednesday’s practice, head coach Pete Carroll told reporters.
• Former Seahawks and Green Bay Packers head coach Mike Holmgren is interested in the San Francisco 49ers’ head coaching position, reports The MMQB’s Robert Klemko.
• Kellen Moore will remain the Dallas Cowboys’ starting quarterback for their regular season finale against the Washington Redskins, head coach Jason Garrett said.