Latest news from Super Bowl week on injuries and more.
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Super Bowl 50 is only a few days away, with both the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers starting to make their final preparations for the game.
Check out the latest NFL news below.
• The Cleveland Browns will release quarterback Johnny Manziel in March, reports ESPN’s Pat McManamon.
• Broncos safety Ryan Murphy was questioned in a San Jose prostitution sting and was sent home by head coach Gary Kubiak, reports CBS San Francisco’s Sharon Chin.
• San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is interesting in leaving his team to join the New York Jets, reports the New York Daily News’ Manish Mehta.
• Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning told reporters that the NFL’s investigation into his alleged HGH use will find a “big, fat nothing,” reports CSN New England’s Tom Curran.
• New York Giants lineman Jay Bromley won’t be charged with attempted rape, reports the New York Post. Police now believe Bromley had consensual sex with his accuser, who later demanded money from the lineman.
• Philadelphia Eagles defensive end Vinny Curry has agreed to a five-year, $47.25 million deal to stay with the team, reports NFL Network’s Albert Breer.
• Lady Gaga will sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl, reports the Associated Press.