Packers receiver Randall Cobb says a microphone battery he was wearing during the playoff game against the Cardinals might have caused his punctured lung.
Packers receiver Randall Cobb says a microphone battery he was wearing during Green Bay’s playoff game against the Cardinals might have caused his punctured lung.
In a Wednesday interview with Bill Michaels at the Super Bowl media center, Cobb explained his theory about how he got hurt in the first quarter of the Packers’ divisional round game. He went up to make a catch, landed and stood up before the mysterious injury.
“It was really abnormal what happened,” Cobb told Michaels. “I punctured a lung. I didn’t break a rib and I didn’t fracture a rib. It’s really abnormal for that to happen. But I was mic’d up for the game. I landed flush on my back. The battery pack was on my shoulder pads and I landed flush on my back and we think that possibly could be it but there’s no way of proving it.”
“I felt fine, I got up from the catch and started walking back to the huddle and it got harder and harder for me to breathe,” he said. “Then it felt like I was going to throw up. I was choking. I was choking on something and then next thing I know I was spitting up blood.”