NFL rumors: Latest news from the Super Bowl and more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Denver Broncos knocked off the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50, winning the franchise’s third championship with their 24-10 victory. Linebacker Von Miller was named Super Bowl MVP with 2.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Peyton Manning's father, Archie Manning, told NFL Network's Jeff Darlington that he expects Peyton to retire.
• Panthers quarterback Cam Newton walked out of his postgame press conference after being asked about his disappointment.
• Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib called the turf at Levi's Stadium “terrible” after the game, saying it was hard to get any footing during the Super Bowl.
• Broncos general manager John Elway dedicated the team's Super Bowl victory to owner Pat Bowlen, who relinquished control of the team in 2014 and has spent time in the hospital recently with a blood clot.
• The Philadelphia Eagles have not had internal discussions about bringing quarterback Nick Foles back, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer's Zach Berman. ESPN's Adam Schefter reported earlier Sunday that new head coach Doug Pederson was interested in Foles.
• The Seahawks, New England Patriots, and Pittsburgh Steelers are the betting favorites to win next year's Super Bowl, reports Westgate Las Vegas.